SENIOR HOUSING PROGRAMME
The Senior Housing programme is designed to provide affordable, long term, secure tenure in decent quality homes to older people in our community.
How it works
A qualifying household has the opportunity to rent a QLCHT owned property indefinitely. The rent is set at a fair market rate and an income based subsidy applied, where eligible, discounting the rent by up to 20%.
As QLCHT are a registered Public Housing provider, some tenants may also be eligible to access Income Related Rent through the Ministry of Social Development and only be required to pay 25% of their total income in rent. Click here to learn more about Public Housing.
To be eligible to participate in the Senior Housing Programme applicants must meet the following basic criteria:
- The applicant must be aged 65 years or older.
- The property must be used exclusively as the household’s primary residence and must not be vacated by the household for any more than four weeks over a 12 month period.
- The applicant's combined household income must not exceed a certain level, which is determined by the size of the household.
- At least one person from the household entering into the Affordable Rental Agreement must be a New Zealand resident or citizen.
- At least one person from the household entering into the Affordable Rental Agreement must be in full time employment in the Queenstown Lakes District (full time is deemed as 30 hours per week or more).
View our template Senior Housing Tenancy Agreement here. Please note that this is a template agreement only and may be subject to change.